COLS was upgraded on 25 March to simplify the document submission process by using information from import declarations. User guides and how-to videos explaining the new functionality are available at COLS support.
Customs brokers and commercial importers can use COLS to:
- lodge documents for imported cargo online in PDF, JPG, TIF and Word formats (total size up to 10 megabytes) in support of:
- full import declarations (food, quarantine & dual consignments)
- other declarations, where directed by the department
- check the status of your lodgement
- request a reassessment. Fees apply for reassessment if additional documents are lodged or the assessment outcome is the same.
- request a directions reissue
- make an enquiry
- make payments and check payment status
- non-account clients can pay using broker systems before lodging documents or use the COLS payment screen
- receive consistent, priority- based processing
- retain electronic records
View user guides and how-to videos at
COLS support. If additional support is required, call
1800 900 090 or email
Launch Cargo Online Lodgement System (COLS)
Document assessment outside business hours
Requests to have documents assessment outside business hours must be made before lodging import documents using this form:
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit
web accessibility for assistance.