25 July 2019
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to remind industry that the new Thailand Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) import requirements for consignments of some fruit and vegetables come into effect on 25 August 2019.
Summary of changes and key points
- New Thailand MoPH FDA Requirements for Production Processes, production Equipment, Storage and Labelling of some fruit and vegetables No. 386 BE 2560 (2017), will come into effect on 25 August 2019.
- From this date, all Thai importers registered with the Thailand MoPH FDA, must provide a copy of the accredited food safety scheme certification for packhouses that handle the fruit and vegetables listed in Annex 1 of the new requirements.
- The following food safety schemes have been recognised by Thailand MoPH FDA. These accredited schemes demonstrate that industry control systems comply with the good practice requirements for packhouses outlined in Annex 2 of the new requirements.
- These changes do not impact the phytosanitary requirements for fruit and vegetables to Thailand.
- Australian exporters must communicate with their Thai importers and suppliers to ensure that all Thailand food safety and phytosanitary requirements are met.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch