All facilities that produce, prepare or store eggs and egg products for export must be registered with us. This includes:
- Australian egg ingredient suppliers
- freight forwarders
- laying facilities that pack product for export
- storage facilities
- any establishment where the goods are stored or loaded for export.
This excludes the wharf and airport terminal.
If you operate an export registered establishment, you must:
- understand Australian export laws
- comply with your approved arrangement
- issue all required documentation
- meet importing country requirements
- meet domestic licencing requirements.
Before you can register, you must be approved for domestic purposes.
- check all staff listed in your application
- check for any outstanding debt to the Commonwealth owed by the establishment
- conduct an audit of your establishment to confirm details and effective implementation of your approved arrangement
- approve your application, if you have met all requirements.
To export your own product (rather than sell to someone else to export), you must also
register as an exporter.
If you supply products that are labelled or marketed as organic, you must
register as an organic operator.
You must document your food safety management system. Once we approve it, it becomes an
approved arrangement (AA). Your AA must detail how you will meet all requirements.
- your hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) plan
- food safety monitoring, controls and corrective action
- hygiene and structural standards
- staff training, knowledge and skills
- product traceability, protection from contamination and safe handling of goods
- importing country requirements
- effective internal verification and management review.
All establishments must operate under an AA to export egg products.
We will review your AA as part of:
- your application to register as an establishment
- ongoing audits.
When you apply to register as an export establishment, we will conduct an onsite audit. We will check all the systems documented in your AA.
If we find you non-compliant, you must:
- correct any problems found
- track effectiveness of corrective action
- take steps to ensure the problem does not recur.
We may conduct several audits before approving your application.
regularly audit registered establishments. This is every 6 months for manufacturers and annually for storage establishments. We check compliance with your AA, export legislation and importing country requirements.
Audits vary based on:
- the type of establishment
- your history of compliance with your AA
- investigations or complaints.
Documents and certificates
You are responsible for generating documents that declare export eligibility.
Importing countries may require certain documents to assure that your goods meet export conditions.
Declaration of compliance
Manufacturers of egg products for export are responsible for making a
declaration of compliance.
The declaration confirms the goods are eligible for export, specifically that the product:
Each shipment must have a declaration of compliance. The declaration must assure that all products in the shipment comply.
You must make a
transfer declaration when you:
- receive eggs or egg products into your establishment
- dispatch eggs or egg products from your establishment to another.
This does not apply if you are sending products straight to a wharf or airport.
The declaration must identify the specific goods and state that the product has been stored in accordance with:
Products must only be transferred to registered establishments to be eligible for export.
Renewals and deregistration
We will renew your registration at the start of each financial year. We will send you a notification before renewing your registration.
If you decide to deregister your establishment you must write to us before 1 July.
A person listed in management and control of your establishment must sign your request. Send it to
To register again, you must follow all the steps for a new registration of an establishment.
If you owe us money, we cannot re-register you until you pay all debts in full.