Steps to complete this risk analysis
When we do a risk analysis, we:
- start the risk analysis by reviewing the science on pests and diseases of concern
- assess and analyse biosecurity risks
- develop proposed risk management measures, if required
- consult the public on the draft report and then review comments
- publish a final report
- develop import conditions
- publish import conditions in our Biosecurity Import Conditions System (BICON)
Thank you for sharing your perspectives, ideas and research on the draft report.
Your feedback will help inform our final risk analysis for zoo bovids from approved countries.
Submissions that were not marked confidential will be available here soon.
Now that the public consultation is closed, we will:
- consider all feedback
- develop a final report.
We will then release the final report and publish any new import conditions on BICON. Register in BICON to receive an alert when we publish the import conditions.
Learn more about why we carry out risk analyses and our international obligations.
About the draft report
We propose that the importation of zoo bovids be allowed from approved countries. All imports must meet the agreed biosecurity import conditions.
The draft report details:
- diseases of biosecurity concern for this commodity
- risk assessments for the identified diseases of biosecurity concern
We identified twenty-six diseases in the hazard analysis for assessment. The draft report makes recommendations on risk management measures for those diseases where the risk is not managed by general zoo import conditions.
Download the draft report
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, March 2019
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit
web accessibility for assistance.
Register as a stakeholder
Register as a stakeholder to receive notices about animal biosecurity policy.
For more information about this review email