Steps to complete this risk analysis
When we do a risk analysis, we:
- start the risk analysis by reviewing the science on pests and diseases of concern
- assess and analyse biosecurity risks
- develop proposed risk management measures, if required
- consult the public on the draft report and then review comments
- publish a final report
- develop import conditions
- publish import conditions in our Biosecurity Import Conditions System (BICON)
Make a submission
We have now released a draft report for public comment.
You are invited to:
This consultation will be open for 60 calendar days. Submissions close on 24 May 2019.
We will review your comments when we prepare the final report.
About the draft report
We propose that the importation of zoo bovids be allowed from approved countries. All imports must meet the agreed biosecurity import conditions.
The draft report details:
- diseases of biosecurity concern for this commodity
- risk assessments for the identified diseases of biosecurity concern
We identified twenty-six diseases in the hazard analysis for assessment. The draft report makes recommendations on risk management measures for those diseases where the risk is not managed by general zoo import conditions.
Download the draft report
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, March 2019
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.
Our public consultation will close on 24 May 2019.
After this we will:
- consider all feedback
- develop a final report.
We will then release the final report and publish any new import conditions on BICON. Register in BICON to receive an alert when we publish the import conditions.
Learn more about why we carry out risk analyses and our international obligations.
Register as a stakeholder
Register as a stakeholder to receive notices about animal biosecurity policy.
For more information about this review email Animal Biosecurity.