20 September 2017
Who does this notice affect?
All importers and customs brokers required to lodge imported cargo documentation to the department for assessment from 25 September to 13 October 2017.
Late September and early October historically sees an increase in the volume of imported cargo document assessments which, when combined with national school holidays and several state based public holidays during the same period, can quickly stretch the department’s available resources beyond capacity.
To address this issue we have invested considerable effort in aligning our available resources with the expected demand. You can assist us in providing a timely assessment of your documentation by:
- lodging documents at the earliest opportunity
- avoiding bulk submission the day prior to a long weekend
- ensuring only consignments of a truly urgent nature are nominated as such.
Your assistance with the above points will help to minimise delays and avoid reclassification of your lodgements.
- Monday 25/9/17 - Queen’s Birthday (WA), Family and Community Day (ACT)
- Friday 29/9/17 - AFL Grand Final Day (VIC)
- Monday 2/10/17 - Labour Day (NSW, ACT and SA), Queen’s Birthday (QLD)
- QLD – 18 September to 29 September
- ACT, NSW, VIC, WA – 25 September to 6 October
- SA – 2 October to 13 October
For additional information you can email the Business Operations Centre or call 1800 900 090.