17 February 2017
Who does this notice affect?
Plant importers who need to make reservations into government operated post-entry quarantine (PEQ) facilities.
What has changed?
At 9:00 am on Tuesday 21st February 2017 (AEDT), you can manage post entry quarantine reservations for plants online using our Post Entry Biosecurity System (PEBS).
Using PEBS, you can:
- Make, update and confirm reservations online for plants in PEQ accommodation.
- Check status of consignment at any time online.
- Upload supporting documents
- Receive automated email notifications as a consignment progresses through quarantine.
- Receive automatically generated invoices at the same time each month.
- Pay invoices online.
- Book release appointments online.
Online self-service gives you more control over your bookings and data. Self-service is not constrained to PEQ business hours, enabling you to deal with the department at a time that suits you.
Cat and dog importers have been enjoying online reservation management since PEBS was first released more than a year ago under the name Post Entry Quarantine Reservations. Support for plants was developed in consultation with industry.
Access the new booking system at post entry quarantine facility. For more information about bringing live plants to Australia, visit importing live plants into Australia.
For further assistance please phone 1800 900 090.