18 February 2019
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to notify industry that the implementation of exchange of electronic export certificates (including phytosanitary certificates) between Australia and the Republic of the Philippines has been delayed.
Summary of changes and key points
- On 30 January 2019, the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources published IAN 2019-07 regarding the removal of paper export certificates to the Philippines.
- The Philippines advised the department that they are unable to implement the removal of paper export certificates on 1 March 2019, as originally advised.
- The department is working with the Philippines for a revised implementation date. The department will notify industry once a new date has been agreed.
- Paper export certificates (including phytosanitary certificates) will continue to be issued for grain and horticulture consignments to the Philippines until further notice.
- For further information on the proposed implementation of removal of paper export certificates between Australia and the Philippines, please see IAN 2019-07.
- Australian exporters should note that implementation of the exchange of electronic export certificates between Australia and the Philippines has been delayed.
- Australian exporters should discuss the delay with their relevant importers.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email EXDOC Plant Programs.
Plant Export Operations Branch