The Horse Industry Consultative Committee (HICC) is the principal consultative forum for the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (the department) Biosecurity to engage with industry on equine biosecurity, quarantine and market access issues, and related animal health and welfare matters.
The aim of HICC is to facilitate effective consultation, communication and partnerships between Biosecurity and industry stakeholders in order to:
- ensure effective biosecurity outcomes are achieved without unnecessary impediments to trade
- promote the coordination of Biosecurity and industry activities to facilitate the import and export of horses
HICC will provide a forum for Biosecurity to engage with industry stakeholders to discuss the effective and efficient implementation of quarantine policy and regulation.
Among other things, HICC will discuss:
- technical, operation, policy and strategic issues related to horse imports, exports, quarantine and market access
- efficient and effective cost recovery arrangements and all related issues.
- Australian Horse Industry Council
- Australian Racing Board
- Harness Racing Australia Inc
- Australian Veterinary Association
- Equestrian Australia
- Thoroughbred Breeders Australia
- New Zealand Bloodstock Pty Ltd
- International Racehorse Transport Pty Ltd
- Crispin Bennett International Horse Transport Pty Ltd
- Werribee International Horse Centre
Email: Horse Imports