Biosecurity Matters is a bi-monthly, online newsletter providing readers with a greater understanding of the department's work in managing biosecurity risks overseas, at the border and within Australia.
It contains stories about important biosecurity matters, pest and disease discoveries, events, news for importers and exporters, as well as amusing and interesting biosecurity seizures from our airports, seaports and mail centres.
The newsletter was previously published as a quarterly, hardcopy publication, but is now available as a bi-monthly, online newsletter.
June 2019 edition includes:
- Heightened measures to resume with new safeguards to keep BMSB out
- New web series calls for biosecurity champions
- Visa changes protect Australia
- New rapid tests for bluetongue virus
- Tracking biosecurity trends with enhanced intelligence
- Collaboration in the north
- Interesting finds: from Russia with love
- Interesting finds: slippery snake
- Casual vacancies for biosecurity officers
Read the current edition of Biosecurity Matters - June 2019.
In this section