This program ended on 30 June 2012
No further grants will be available under this progam.
The four-year, $35 million Regional Food Producers Innovation and Productivity Program (RFPIPP) aims to boost the productivity and competitiveness of Australia's regional food and seafood industries through innovation and technology improvements.
$10 million of the $35 million will be set aside for the seafood industry.
Under the program, matched-funding grants, generally between $50,000 and $2 million, are available for food and seafood businesses to undertake projects based around one or more of the following activities:
- the design and implementation of new technologies, production or processing techniques
- the adoption of food production or processing technologies developed overseas
- the innovative redesign of existing production/processing lines to improve efficiencies and productivity.
Guidelines and other information
Please read the RFPIPP guidelines, supplementary information and frequently asked questions (FAQs) below before applying.
RFPIPP Independent Advisory Panel
An Independent Advisory Panel, appointed by the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, will assess all Regional Food Producers Innovation and Productivity Program applications against the eligibility and merit criteria set out in the program guidelines.
The University of Queensland's Professor Ray Collins will chair the panel. The other members are:
- Dr Geoffrey Annison – Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Ms Sonya Maley – Managing Director, Resis Australia
- Ms Reetica Rekhy – Managing Director, Food & Agribusiness Intelligence and Strategy Specialists
- Ms Mary Nenke – Manager Proprietor, Cambinata Yabbies
- Mr Richard Souness – General Manager, Food Branch, Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- $6.4 million to support regional jobs through food innovation—17 August 2009
- Delivering on commitment to invest in regional food production—19 December 2008
RFPIPP grant recipients