Dairy Recovery Concessional Loans are now open for applications. Please check with your relevant delivery agency for further details.
Dairy Recovery Concessional Loans are available to assist commercially viable dairy farm businesses affected by the 2016 decisions of Murray Goulburn, Fonterra and National Dairy Products to retrospectively reduce farm gate milk prices.
Loans are available for a maximum of 10 years at a variable concessional interest rate of 2.47 per cent (as at 1 February 2017).
Loan amounts are for up to a maximum of $1 million with conditions applying.
Dairy Recovery Concessional Loans can be used for a combination of the following purposes:
- debt restructuring
- providing new debt for operating expenses or
- providing new debt for productivity enhancement activities.
To be eligible for a Dairy Recovery Concessional Loan, a farm business must demonstrate that:
- you own and operate a dairy farm business
- your farm business supplied milk to either Murray Goulburn and/or Fonterra and/or National Dairy Products or their subsidiaries or related companies in 2015–16
- your farm business has existing eligible debt and has not already borrowed up to 50 per cent of its total eligible debt (i.e. a farm business cannot access a dairy recovery loan worth more than 50 per cent of their total eligible debt)
- your farm business is commercially viable in the long term
- your farm business has the capacity to repay the loan
- your farm business has the ability to provide sufficient security against the loan.
Please read the loan guidelines for full details on eligibility and how the loan application will be assessed. The guidelines are available on each delivery agency website.
It is important that farm businesses do not self-assess their eligibility for a Dairy Recovery Concessional Loan. You should contact your delivery agency for assistance and details on the application process.
Delivery agency contacts
Dairy Recovery Concessional Loans will be delivered by different agencies in different states, on behalf of the Australian Government.
More information, including scheme guidelines and application requirements, are available from the relevant delivery agency website for your jurisdiction.
- New South Wales delivered by NSW RAA open for application Ph. 1800 678 593
- Victoria delivered by Rural Finance open for application Ph. 1800 260 425