I, JOSEPH LUDWIG, Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, under section 14 of the Dairy Produce Act 1986, report that:
- the Commonwealth has a SFA with DA
- the amount of dairy service levy payments paid to DA, as reported in the DA audited financial statements was $31 190 000 for the financial year 2011-12; and
- I am satisfied on the basis of the information provided in the Schedule that the spending of dairy service payments and matching government payments by DA during the 2011-12 financial year complied with the SFA.
Dated 25 January 2013
Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
DA has provided assurances that its spending of the dairy service payments and matching payments made during 2011-12 complied with the SFA between the Commonwealth and DA including:
- A report from the DA Chairman and Managing Director certifying that the company has complied with the SFA for the year ending 30 June 2012.
- An independent compliance audit report for the year ending 30 June 2012 providing an unqualified audit opinion that DA has complied with clauses 4, 5 and 6 of the SFA. These clauses cover the receipt, management and expenditure of funds in the dairy services levy account.
- An independent audit report conducted in accordance with the Australian Auditing and Assurance Standards under the Corporations Act 2001 providing an unqualified audit opinion that DA’s annual financial report for 2011-12 provides a true and fair view of DA’s financial position, income, expenditure and cash flows and complies with the Australian Accounting Standards and the Corporations Act 2001.