Applications for the 2020 UVEP are now open
The Australian Government Department of Agriculture develops and implements policies and programs to ensure Australia's agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable. We have more than 5000 staff working in offices, airports, mail centres, shipping ports, laboratories and abattoirs. We’re located in regional centres, rural communities and capital cities. We are looking for clever and enthusiastic students to take the opportunity to work in our University Vacation Employment Program (UVEP) before graduating.
This program offers:
- A 6-week work placement in a stimulating and challenging role, from early January to mid-February 2020
- involvement in a current departmental project
- employment at the APS Level 1 (currently $49,480), during which time you will be employed under the department’s Enterprise Agreement 2017–20
- experience working within a large, dynamic government agency
- mentoring and networking opportunities with peers, professionals and researchers in your field of interest.
This invaluable experience will give you a better understanding of our department and insight into future career opportunities we offer, including the
Graduate Development Program, and
ABARES Entry Level Professional Program.
UVEP is scheduled to run from 9 January 2020 – 19 February 2020. Five projects will be located in Canberra and three projects will be located in Mickleham, Victoria.
You will be responsible for your own travel and accommodation arrangements during the six week program. No financial assistance for relocation will be provided.
To apply for the 2020 UVEP, please visit the Department of Agriculture Job Vacancies page.
You must be a continuing university student and an Australian citizen to participate in the UVEP.Interviews may not be conducted for these positions. Candidates may be assessed on the basis of their application (including referees) and their academic record.
If you have any queries, please contact