Our responsibilities as a department are wide-ranging—agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity, international trade and markets, exports, scientific research and water resources.
We are changing the way we work with and support our customers, stakeholders and business to design and develop new, innovative and online enabled services.
We have transitioned our ICT services to be robust, secure and highly reliable and are now focused on modernising our ICT systems and enabling the transformation of service delivery.
We are seeking highly motivated, customer service focused graduates to join the team and provide positive contributions in support of the department’s ICT strategy.
- Diploma of Project Management.
- Three workplace rotations through ICT roles to experience and learn more about the various roles, responsibilities and functions of ICT in the department.
- A five day visit to a regional office to identify innovative ICT processes and technological improvements.
- Compete for a work placement within one of the department’s portfolio agencies or regional offices.
- A visit to the Minister’s Office, Senate Estimates and Parliament House to gain exposure to parliamentary proceedings.
- An active network of graduates, access to a buddy and senior executive level Graduate Champion.
- A targeted suite of learning and development to help you become an effective Australian Public Service employee, including:
- administrative law
- presentation skills
- policy development and writing skills
- writing instructional material and report writing
- APSC graduate series, including the APS Graduate Great Debate
- risk management and hazard identification
- public financial literacy skills
- cultural awareness training
- meetings with the Graduate Champion and senior executive staff
- opportunities to attend selected events, seminars and conferences
- targeted eLearning programmes dependant on rotations.
On successful completion of the program, you will become a permanent employee of the department at the APS4 classification.